Now I see



My name is Malissa Lee. I am a single mother of two beautiful boys. I am half Thailand and African American. I was raised Buddhist and just started going to church on December 24, 2017. 

My hobbies are being a soccer mom, so that takes up a lot of my time and energy, which I enjoy spending time with my boys. I also love to clean. Just spending time cleaning the home with my music playing is rejuvenating for me. 

Like many people I have had struggles throughout my life. My parents separated when I was 2 years old, went through physical and mental abuse through the age of 16, finally moved to the Unites States in 2000, got married 2002 then went through divorce in 2007. My friend recommended Tyler Perry's play to watch. I watched the entire collection which helped me get through my divorce. That was my first introduction to Jesus. 

A couple years later, I am 8 months pregnant with my youngest son. His father is diagnosed with bipolar schizophrenia and was very violent and abusive. I ended up in the hospital due to his physical abuse and ended up at a homeless shelter. With all the pain that I went through, I was wandering around and found myself in a church. That got me through a really tough time again. 

Once again life takes over, fast forward to the present, this past year I was diagnosed with a heart condition April 28, 2017. My youngest sons 8th birthday, I woke up , went to shower, got dizzy and tried to get to the bed to rest a bit when I collapsed at the bathroom door and woke up in the emergency room. Still coping with this condition, not able to return to work, savings depleted, rental home up for sale, unable to apply for another housing due to no income, I was on the verge of homelessness again. My son's teacher reached out to me and prayed for me after my son told her our situation on day. She recommended me to visit Grace Community Church for Christmas Eve dinner. I did attend and honestly was just looking for a hot meal but attending the service and seeing how welcoming everyone is, and the love that is there inspired me to return. I wanted to learn more. On January 07, 2018 after Pastor Jay's sermon on New Year's resolutions and repentance, I felt peace and tears poured down my face with love. I accepted Jesus into my life that day.

Since that day everything has changed. I still have struggles like everyone else and still coping with my condition but I am okay. Jesus has provided above and beyond what I could have ever imagined. There is going to be times that you will have to fight through some things but just knowing that he is there and keeping him in my heart at all times, I know that I can get through anything.

Before I accepted Jesus into my life I felt lost, the world was crumbling on me time and time again like waves crashing right on me. I lost hope and went to a dark place for a while. Just by stepping into church that day, Jesus saved me. 

Now I see, I have hope, and I do not have to carry the burden myself. Just pray and build that relationship with him. I just lift it up to Jesus and he turned things around and gave me the strength and power to fight. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not depend on your own understanding. In all your ways remember him. Then he will make your paths smooth and straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 nirv






Comments

Popular Posts